Should I see a Urologist or Female Urogynae in Singapore ?

Urologists are doctors who specialize in the urinary system and male reproductive organs. This includes the kidneys, bladder, urethra, and testicles.

Urologists may also treat disorders of the adrenal gland and prostate. A urogynaecologist is a type of urologist who specializes in treating conditions that affect the female reproductive system, urinary tract, and pelvic floor.

This may include incontinence, prolapse, fistulas, and pelvic pain. Learn more about qualifications on this page:

Urogynaecologists often work closely with gynaecologists to provide comprehensive care for women. They may also take on patients referred by their primary care doctor or OB-GYN.

When should you See Each Type of Specialist

Deciding who to see between a urologist and female urogynae in Singapore can be slightly difficult. This is because both types of specialists treat similar conditions.

This means they are both equipped to handle your condition, no matter what it may be. The best way to determine who to see is to talk to your primary care doctor.

They will be able to give you a referral to the specialist that is best suited for your needs. You may need to see a urologist if;

●       You are experiencing urinary incontinence

Urinary incontinence is a common and often embarrassing problem, especially for women. There are several types of urinary incontinence, including stress incontinence, urge incontinence, overflow incontinence, functional incontinence, and mixed incontinence.

The most common type of urinary incontinence in women is stress incontinence. This occurs when the muscles that support the bladder become weak or loose. Pregnancy, childbirth, and menopause can all contribute to this type of incontinence.

If you’re suffering from any type of urinary incontinence, you may need to see a urologist. A urologist can help you determine the cause of your incontinence and develop a treatment plan that’s right for you. With proper treatment, most women can regain control over their bladder and enjoy an active, fulfilling life.

●       You are experiencing pelvic pain

Pelvic pain is a common problem, affecting up to 32 percent women globally. It can be caused by a variety of conditions, including endometriosis, fibroids, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).

Pelvic pain can be mild or severe and may come and go or be constant. It can be a sharp, stabbing or dull, throbbing pain. Pelvic pain can make it difficult to sit for long periods of time, have sex, or even walk. A urologist can help you determine the cause of your pelvic pain and develop a treatment plan.

●       You are experiencing problems with urination

As you age, it’s not uncommon for your body to undergo changes that can affect your urinary health. For example, menopause can cause a decline in oestrogen levels, leading to vaginal dryness and thinning of the urethral walls.

This can make urinating more difficult and increase your risk of developing urinary tract infections (UTIs). In addition, many women develop incontinence — the involuntary leakage of urine — as they age.

If you’re experiencing any problems with urination, it’s important to see a urologist. In addition to UTIs and incontinence, urologists also treat kidney stones, bladder cancer, and pelvic floor disorders.

If you’re having any issues with urination, don’t hesitate to make an appointment with a urologist. They can help to get you back on track and improve your quality of life.

You may need to see a urogynaecologist if;

●  You have been diagnosed with a pelvic floor disorder

If you have been diagnosed with a pelvic floor disorder, you may be wondering what steps you need to take to receive treatment. One option is to see a urogynaecologist.

As mentioned before, urogynecologists have specialized training in the management of conditions that affect the pelvic floor. As a result, your female urogynae in Singapore may be able to provide more comprehensive care for you if you struggle with pelvic floor disorders. If you are considering seeing a urogynaecologist, your gynaecologist can help you decide if this is the right option for you.

●  You are considering or have undergone pelvic surgery

If you are considering or have already undergone pelvic surgery, you may need to see a female urogynae in Singapore for post-operative care. Urogynecologists can often provide more comprehensive care for women who have had pelvic surgery, as they have specialized training in managing conditions that affect the pelvic floor.

● You have been diagnosed with a urinary tract disorder

Urinary tract disorders are a common type of condition that can affect both men and women. However, women are more likely to develop urinary tract disorders than men.

An appointment with a urogynaecologist may be recommended if you have been diagnosed with a urinary tract disorder. They can provide you with more information about your condition and offer treatment options.

●  You are pregnant or have recently given birth

If you’re pregnant or have recently given birth, you may be experiencing bladder or pelvic floor problems. Urogynecologists are trained in gynaecology and urology, giving them a unique perspective on managing these problems.

They can provide you with a comprehensive evaluation and develop a treatment plan tailored to your individual needs. In many cases, lifestyle changes and pelvic floor physical therapy can help to improve your symptoms.

If necessary, urogynecologists can also offer more invasive treatments, such as surgery. Regardless of the approach taken, seeing a female urogynae in Singapore can help you better understand your condition and take steps to improve your quality of life.

How can you find a good Urologist or Urogynaecologist in your Area

You may feel like you can’t talk about your urinary or reproductive health with just anyone. But these issues are nothing to be embarrassed about. UI is often caused by pregnancy, childbirth, and menopause.

And while it’s not a life-threatening condition, it can certainly have a major impact on your quality of life. That’s why finding a healthcare provider you feel comfortable talking to about sensitive topics is important.

If you need training in pelvic floor muscle exercises or help managing incontinence, you may want to see a urogynaecologist. On the other hand, if you have a more serious condition, such as bladder cancer, you’ll likely need to see a urologist.

In either case, you can ask your primary care doctor for a referral to a specialist. You can also search for providers in your area who specialize in treating urinary or reproductive conditions.

When looking for a specialist, it’s important to find someone who is board-certified and has experience treating patients with conditions like yours. You can use online resources or contact your insurance company to find providers in your area.

Once you’ve found a few potential specialists, you can read online reviews or ask friends and family members for recommendations. You can also call the offices of the providers you’re considering to ask about their experience treating patients with your condition. When you’ve narrowed down your options, make an appointment with the specialist you feel most comfortable with.

We provide comprehensive care for women with urinary and reproductive health conditions. Our team of board-certified urogynecologists and urologists are experts in the management of these conditions and can provide you with the individualized care you need. Please contact us today to learn more about our services or schedule an appointment.

Dr Ng Kai Lyn – Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist

Mount Elizabeth Novena: 38 Irrawady Road 05-34/35

Singapore 329563

Hougang: 684 Hougang Ave 8 01-198

Singapore 530684

+65 60 1115 31

What is your reaction?

In Love
Not Sure

You may also like

Comments are closed.

More in:Health