Struggling to get to sleep due to an uncomfortable bed that doesn’t conform to your body is a thing of the past! Adjustable beds have taken the world by storm and are increasing in popularity each and every year. The good news is they aren’t just beneficial to those with existing health concerns or sleep issues, everyone can benefit from using an adjustable bed. Here are some of the many ways an adjustable bed can help with your sleep.
Who doesn’t love a good night’s rest? It leaves us feeling rejuvenated and ready to take on the day. A night of disrupted sleep can do quite the opposite, and if it is a regular occurrence, it can affect many areas of your life and not in a good way.
Adjustable beds, what’s their point of difference?
Unlike regular beds, adjustable beds support pressure point areas. We all have them, and if they are unsupported, this can lead to a night of tossing and turning. Those with pain or discomfort will likely feel the effects of limited support from the bed the most. Adjustable beds are typically paired with memory foam or latex mattresses and with the handy remote included, you can adjust various areas of the mattress to conform and comfort the body to you and your specific sleep needs. This enables you to fall asleep faster and stay asleep for longer. For those who lack strength or have limited mobility, repositioning in bed can be challenging. The remote feature eliminates this struggle, and you can reposition with the touch of a button. Using a standard mattress with little to no inbuilt support can leave you feeling sorer and fatigued.
Customising your sleep with an adjustable bed enables you to:
- Relieve pressure off the spine which can improve circulation, and this can help to relieve pain all through the back compared to if you were to sleep on a traditional bed.
- Decrease reflux or heartburn symptoms. Being able to prop yourself up slightly on an incline can help to alleviate these conditions and allows you to fall asleep quicker and remain asleep.
- Heal from injuries much faster. Using your remote, you can position the bed in a way that is comfortable and takes the pressure off the injury site. Sleep can help with the healing process, and adjustable beds promote a deep night’s sleep.
- Reduce or eliminate snoring or sleep apnoea by sleeping in an inclined position. Some top-end adjustable beds can track your breathing.
- Lessen swelling in the legs whether it’s from a pregnancy or a condition such as edema, you can raise the legs while you sleep. Additionally, raising the legs can take pressure off the lumbar spine and reduce sciatica pain.
- Sleep more deeply and soundly more often. This can have a significant impact on your well-being and general health. Sleep can be so influential on our state of mind and overall mood so it’s important to have a regular restful sleep.
Which position will help me sleep the best on my adjustable bed?
Everyone has different sleep preferences, and which position is best will depend on you and your specific sleep style. Here are some of the most common ones and what they can help with:
The zero-gravity position was created by NASA and is a neutral position that provides a pressure-free feeling as if you were floating in space. This can help the body to rebuild and repair while you sleep. To create this position with your adjustable bed, you simply raise the legs and the upper part of the body, some remotes feature a zero-gravity button. The zero-gravity position can help with opening the airways, boosting circulation throughout the body, and drastically reducing pressure off the neck, back and shoulders.
Raised feet position
This position is perfect for those with swelling in the legs or who have sciatica pain. It takes the pressure off the lower back area.
Head raised position
This position is ideal for those with breathing difficulties such as asthma, sleep apnoea and snoring. This can help you and your partner have a better night’s sleep.
Head and feet raised position
This position can help to relieve muscle pain and discomfort, and it can help to open up the airways, making breathing much easier.
High tech features that adjustable beds can have
Did you know that modern-day adjustable beds are no longer drab looking and that many have high tech features that can make being in your bed that much more enjoyable? Here are some of them:
- USB ports for plugging in your devices.
- Cordless remotes and/or Bluetooth capabilities
- Under-bed lighting
- Memory functions
- Adjustable legs, allowing you to adjust the height of your bed
- Vibration massager with optional speeds
- Timers and so much more!
Ready to overhaul your sleep for good?
Once you convert to an adjustable bed, you won’t ever be able to go back to a traditional bed. They are superior in every way imaginable and can completely overhaul the quality of sleep you get each night and for the rest of your life.
Adjustable Electric Beds are for everyone, whether you have a sleep concern or not. If you already have a good night’s sleep, you can make it even better! Here at Beds Electric, we specialise in luxurious adjustable beds that are suited to every sleeper and budget. Check out our website for more information.