Why Melamine Is Dangerous   



Why Melamine Is Dangerous

 

1. Melamine is being described as "harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Chronic exposure may cause cancer or reproductive damage. Eye, skin and respiratory irritant.”

2. Generally, consumption of melamine alone is of low toxicity.

3. However, when it combines with cyanuric acid (a by-product of melamine during melamine preparation, it may be added into food) to form melamine cyanurate, this compound has high toxicity and may cause acute kidney stone.

4. When we chronically ingest small quantity of melamine and cyanuric acid from foods, they will be absorbed into our bloodstream, reacting with each other to form melamine cyanurate and concentrate in the urine-filled renal microtubules.

5. As time passes, the amount of melamine cyanurate that is concentrated in kidneys will increase.
Melamine cyanurate has very low solubility – they start to crystallize and form large numbers of round yellow crystals in kidneys.

6. These melamine crystals will then block and damage the renal cells that line in tube, causing the kidneys to malfunction or kidney stone.

7. Besides, ingestion of melamine may also damage our reproductive system and causes cancer.  

8. According to the information provided by World Health Organization, the Tolerable Daily Intake (TDI) for melamine (the amount of melamine a person could stand per day without incurring a bigger health risk) is 0.2 mg per kg of body mass.

Top


Happy reading,
Evelyn



To subscribe this newsletter, please enter your

 name and email below:

Name: Email:



Copyright © 2011-2018 topwellnesshealth.com. All Rights Reserved.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy