Tiny Steps to a Tinier You?
There is value in the little
things. Same goes for weight loss. Losing those 30
pounds means losing it ounce per ounce. Here are
some small tips to give you steady yet big results,
courtesy of the University of Colorado at Denver and
Health Sciences Center:
• Snack on raw vegetables while cooking- this will
fill you up with low-cal treats and will leave you
full during the meal.
• Drink a tall glass of water before you eat.
• Try to fill at least half your plate with
• Snack on raw vegetables instead of tortilla chips
You can eat your favorite foods, but limit portion
sizes. A much smaller plate will help control
You can't just be dieting. Get enough exercise to
keep the weight off.
• Park far away from the shopping mall, so you have
a longer walk.
• When you have time, enjoy active pastimes, not the
ones that leave you lying down.
• Wear a pedometer to monitor your walking. You
should aim for 7,000 or more steps a day.