Detox Your Liver With These 18 Super Foods
are 18 foods that detox your body and cleanse your
liver. Think of your liver as an air filter. All the
toxins we eat, drink and breathe in get clogged up
in this hard-working organ. Even though our body has
it's own natural detoxification system, there is a
lot we can do to give it a helping hand, largely by
eating the right kinds of foods.
Master Cleanse Secrets 10 Day Diet
1. Beets and Carrots: Carrots are rich in
Glutathione, a protein that helps detoxify the
liver. Both are extremely high in plant-flavonoids
and beta-carotene. Eating beats and carrots can help
stimulate and improve overall liver function.
(Source) (Related CE Article: The Mother of All
2. Tomatoes: They have abundant amounts of
Glutathione (see article above) which again, are a
great detoxifier for the liver. As a side effect
Lycopene in tomatoes will protect against breast,
skin and lung cancer. (Source)
3. Grapefruit: Another source of the liver cleansing
glutathione. It’s also high in vitamin C and
antioxidants, this boosts the production of the
liver detoxification enzymes and increases the
natural cleansing process of the liver.
4. Citrus Fruits: Lemons and Lime contain very high
amounts of vitamin C, which helps stimulate the
liver and aids the synthesizing of toxic materials
into substances that can be absorbed by water.
5. Cabbage: The isothiocyanates (ITCs) made from
cabbage’s glucosinolates provides liver detoxifying
enzymes that help flush out toxins. (Source)
6. Turmeric: Turmeric is the liver’s favorite spice
and helps boost liver detox. It does this by
assisting enzymes that actively flush out dietary
7. Walnuts: Walnuts are a good source of
glutathione, omega-3 fatty acids and amino acid
arginine, which support the normal liver cleansing
actions, especially in detoxifying ammonia.
8. Avocados: The nutrient-dense superfood, avocado
helps the body produce glutathione
9. Apples: They are high in pectin and other
chemicals essential to cleanse and release toxins
from the digestive tract. Apples make it easier for
the liver to handle the toxic load during the
10. Brussels sprouts: Brussels sprouts are high in
sulfur and antioxidant glucosinolate, which forces
the liver to release enzymes that block damage from
environmental or dietary toxins.
11. Garlic: Garlic is loaded with sulfur that
activates liver enzymes that help your body flush
out toxins. Garlic also holds high amounts of
allicin and selenium, two natural compounds that aid
in liver cleansing.
12. Dandelion: Dandelion root tea assists the liver
in breaking down fats, producing amino acids and
generally ridding it of toxins. (Source)
13. Leafy Green Vegetables: Green Veggies are
extremely high in plant chlorophyll’s that absorb
environmental toxins, increase bile production,
neutralize heavy metals, chemicals and pesticides,
which lowers the burden on the liver.
14. Cruciferous Vegetables: Eating broccoli and
cauliflower will increase production of enzymes
glucosinolate in your system that help flush out
carcinogens and other toxins.
15. Asparagus: Asparagus is a great diuretic helping
in the cleansing process and sharing the detox load
of the liver and kidneys. (Source)
16. Green Tea: Green tea is full of plant
antioxidants known as catechins, a compound known to
assist liver function.
17. Olive Oil: Cold-pressed organic oils such as
olive, hemp and flax-seed are great support for the
liver, providing the body with a liquid base that
can suck up harmful toxins in the body.
18. Alternative Grains: Gluten rich grains such as
wheat, flour, or other whole grains increase the
load on the liver’s detox function and enzyme
production. Switch to alternative grains like
quinoa, millet and buckwheat.