Hack That Cough
1. Drink plenty of fluids. Fluids help keep mucus
thin and easier to cough up.
2. Avoid drinks with caffeine (e.g., coffee, tea,
soda), which increase urination.
3. Use expectorants with care; try to loosen mucus by
increasing fluid intake first.
4. If your cough is nonproductive, try a cough
Talk to a pharmacist.
5. Try hard candy or throat lozenges to relieve an
6. Anti histamines or decongestants may control
postnasal drip. Use only as directed.
7. Use a vaporizer to increase the humidity in your
home, especially in your bedroom.
8. Fill your bathroom sink with hot water and place a
towel over your head. Form a tent over the sink and
breathe in the steam for 10 minutes. Repeat as
9. If you smoke, try to quit.