15 Effective Home Remedies To Fight Hair Loss
of the people lose 50-100 strands of hair every day.
When hair is washed, people can lose up to 250
strands of hair. When you lose more hair from the
scalp or from other parts of the body, you will be
having hair loss. Alopecia is the medical term for
hair loss. The hair grows about half an inch per
month. About 90 % of a person’s hair will be in the
growth phase at any given time. Another 10 % will be
in the dormant stage and after 2-3 months these
dormant hairs falls out.
• If you see large amount of hair on your pillow
when you wake up in the morning you will be
suffering from hair fall
• If you find more than normal hair left in the comb
when you comb your hair, then you will be having
hair loss problem.
• When hair loss occurs, men’s hair recedes from the
forehead or from the crown of the head.
• Women will experience thinning of hair and the
parting becomes wider and sees more of their scalp.
Sudden hair loss indicates underlying medical
condition and requires identifying the problem
causing the hair loss.
The important causes of hair fall or hair loss
• Hereditary conditions
• Medical conditions such as anemia and autoimmune
diseases and thyroid disorders
• Scalp infections
• Skin conditions like psoriasis, dermatitis
• Certain hairstyles which causes traction on the
• Hair-pulling disorder
Hair loss can appear in different ways depending on
the cause. Some types of hair losses are temporary
and some are permanent. It is possible to prevent
the temporary loss of hair using various home
Effective Home Remedies To Fight Hair Loss
1. Coconut Milk
Coconut milk has rich properties of nourishing hair
tissues. It will help in effectively reducing hair
• Scraps fresh coconut and grind the coconut
scrapings in a blender.
• Squeeze the paste to extract coconut milk.
• Now apply this coconut milk extract generously on
your hair and scalp and leave it on the hair for 15
to 20 minutes.
• Massage your scalp with the coconut milk.
• This will effectively help in preventing hair
• Apply coconut milk on the scalp once every week to
prevent hair fall.
2. Neem Leaves Juice
One of the most sought after herbs in India is the
neem leaves as it has loads of medicinal properties.
It is also an effective herb to treat hair loss in
men and women.
• Boil fresh neem leaves in water until the water
reduces to half its quantity.
• Cool this water and then wash your hair and scalp
with this water mixture.
• Repeat this process once or twice a week regularly
to prevent hair loss.
3. Honey And Olive Oil
• Add two tablespoons of honey and two tablespoons
of olive oil in a bowl.
• Mix it well and to this mixture add a tablespoon
of fresh cinnamon powder and make it a smooth paste.
• Apply this mixture on the scalp and your hair and
leave it there for 20 to 25 minutes.
• This will help in soothing your hair and is
effective in growing new hair.
• Apply this mixture on your scalp regularly every
week to see visible results.
4. Aloe Vera Juice And Neem Paste
• Extract fresh juice from the aloe vera plant and
add dried neem leaf powder to this juice.
• Mix it well and add a few drops of herbal amla oil
to this mixture.
• Now apply this mixture on your scalp and hair
evenly so that it reaches every nook and corner.
• Keep it on the scalp for half an hour and then
wash it off.
• Repeat this once or twice a week to enjoy lustrous
5. Egg White And Curd Paste
• Take egg white of two eggs in a bowl and add two
tablespoons of fresh curd or yoghurt to the egg
• Mix this well and then add a tablespoon of
shikakai or neem powder that you get in the market
to this mixture.
• Apply it generously on your scalp and leave it for
• Wash it off and repeat every week to prevent hair
• Heat coconut oil with dried amla until the color
of the oil turns black.
• Cool this oil mixture and then apply it on your
• Massage your scalp with this hair oil mixture
properly for 10 minutes.
• Leave it on the scalp for 30 minutes and then wash
• Repeat once a week for effective results.
7. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera juice is said to be very effective in
preventing hair loss and is also a good goal to
nourish your hair and scalp.
• You can apply pure aloe vera directly on your
• Just cut the aloe vera leaf in half and apply the
juicy portion of the leaf on your scalp.
• This will prevent hair loss due to scalp dryness
• Apply the aloe vera juice on your scalp and
massage your scalp properly.
• Wait for a few hours and then wash it off with
• Do this twice a week or effective results.
8. Oil Massage
• Applying coconut oil on your head everyday will
help in preventing hair loss.
• Regular massage of your head with lukewarm hair
oil every day for a few minutes before your bath
will help in nourishing your scalp and improve blood
• This will prevent hair loss.
• You can also use jojoba oil, neem oil, mustard oil
and almond oil.
9. Homemade Brew
You can prepare a concoction in your home and apply
it on your hair to prevent hair loss.
• Mix about 30 to 45 ml of vodka or alcohol with a
teaspoon of pepper and pour this mixture in warm
• Wash your hair and scalp with this mixture once a
week to reduce hair fall.
10. Onion And Honey Application
• Cut onion in half and apply the juicy part of the
cut onion on your scalp evenly so that every area is
• Now follow this by generously applying honey all
over the scalp and massaging it into the scalp.
• Leave it there for a few minutes and wash it off
with lukewarm water.
• Repeat this process once in ten days to prevent
11. Lime Seeds
Lime seeds and black pepper combination are found to
be effective in covering small bare patches on your
• Powder the dried lime seeds and add this to fresh
grounded pepper powder.
• Mix these powders with small amount of water to
make it a smooth paste.
• Apply in the areas of your scalp where you feel
hair loss is prominent and massage it to rejuvenate
• Repeat this process once a week to see hair growth
in the affected area.
12. Avoid Junk Foods
All unhealthy eating habits and unhealthy lifestyle
are also reasons for hair loss.
• Try to avoid junk foods and oily foods as far as
• Increase the intake of water in order to remove
• Include moderate exercise to your routine to
improve blood flow to your head and scalp to prevent
13. Shana Seeds
• Make a paste of shana seeds in coconut or castor
oil that is lukewarm.
• Now, apply this mixture on your scalp and massage
it gently on to your scalp.
• Leave it to rest for half an hour and then rinse
it off using a mild shampoo.
• Repeat for two days a week to see good results.
14. Eating A Balanced Diet
It is highly important to eat a balanced and
nutritious diet to prevent hair fall.
• Make sure that you increase the amount of iron,
vitamins and minerals intake in your daily diet to
help prevent hair fall.
• Lots of greens and vegetables need to be included
in your healthy diet to reduce hair loss.
15. Maintaining Hair
• Washing and brushing your hair properly will also
help in preventing hair fall.
• It is also important for you to trim and prevent
tearing of hair.
• Make sure that you get rid of split ends soon.